Watch Our Progress

easy fundraisers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sanai's Room

Once we saw the face of our little girl, I had a million ideas swarming around in my head about how I wanted to do her room.  I scoured the internet and pinterest for some ideas and if you remember I had posted two insprirations.  One was a yellow/teel blue/bright pink combo and other was a more vintage/antique type with a red crib.  Although I loved the red crib idea I went with the other inspiration for her room and I think it turned out great!!

Let me say that virtually everything is DIY.  The most expensive piece is the rug that I found on clearance and it's AMAZING.

Old dressers that I painted black and found the white ceramic knobs at the Habitat Restore for 25 cents each!
 
All the wall pieces were from yard sales and were spray painted, besides the pink crown which I got at Hobby Lobby. The canvas was made with a friends Cricut machine and a canvas that I painted.  The frame around the canvas is from a yard sale.
 
This frame was also purchased at Hobby Lobby, candle stick at yard sale and elephant from Goodwill
 
Alphabet letters were gathered from yard sales, Goodwills, etc by me and my mom .Once all together I painted and covered various letters with decorative paper. The bench is made from a twin bed frame purchased at a yard sale for $20 by my dad.
 
Up close of rossette lamp shade
Lamp from Goodwill, spray painted silver and lamp shade covered with hand made white rossettes (took forever!) Side table purchased for $20 at Goodwill and painted white. Black ebony elephant purchased in Ethiopia

 


The closet was already painted so I just added the stripes

Fabric purchased from Joann and Hancock fabrics, old pillows recovered and bench cushion was left over piece of memory foam we cut to fit

 
Crib bumper recovered with fabric from Hancocks.  Sleeping baby courtesy of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia :)
This amazing rug is called "wooly bully" and is extremely thick and soft and big. I found this guy on CLEARANCE at Lowe's for $100!!



Light fixture from Habitat Restore for $4, sprayed yellow. Micah's old cherry wood crib spray painted white, cages from Goodwill and Old Time Pottery sprayed black.

 
So...what do you think??

3 comments:

  1. OMG it looks amazing Monica!! And I of course love how you did it all DIY and cheap, your so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow this is BETTER THAN PINTEREST! (and I'm a HUGE pin-fan!) haaha! Congrats on your sweet little girl... my husband and i are praying about WHICH African country the Lord is leading us to in adopting from.

    ReplyDelete