Watch Our Progress

easy fundraisers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blessings from Room 122

One of our major money raisers has been selling candy, brownies and chips in Tommy's classroom.  We started small, taking about $250 from our budgeted grocery money for one month and bought inventory for his locking closet in his room.  Each time he brought some money home from sales I would re-stock his cabinet and now we are BANKING, bringing home quite a bit of money each week.  All of the proceeds go towards us reaching our goal of close to $30,000.

But the biggest blessing we got was within the first few weeks of selling candy.  A young lady came into Tommy's room and layed an envelope on his desk.  He was busy selling candy so he wasn't able to take it from her, and he didn't recognize her from class.  Later he brought the envelope home and I read it:

Coach Johnson,

First of all, I want to thank you for the Christ-like example you try to be everyday.  You are an inspiration to many in our high school!  When I first saw the flyers in the hallways about your adoption, my heart went out to you and your family.  Ever since I was little, I've had my mind set on adopting a Korean child - and I fully support adoption.  I know the adoption process is expensive, so I would like to help.  I know $20 isn't much but I know that God will bless it!  I will be praying for your family!

God Bless,
Your Sister in Christ

And so I cried.  Who wouldn't after a letter like this!  We still don't know who wrote this letter and I think that's why it's so great.  I have this as the first page in my adoption binder to remember that we are doing a great thing, no matter how long it takes, no matter the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment