Watch Our Progress

easy fundraisers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One year ago today I thought my day would be just like any other normal work day.  I got to work around 8am and noticed an email from Sue, or adoption agency director.  Seeing emails from her always made my heart jump into my throat because it meant something was happening.  Good or Bad.

That morning it just happened to be the email that would change our lives forever.  It was the first pictures of our little girl.  I often had her email me at work because that was the quickest way to respond but the photos she had sent were too big for our server.  I frantically called our IT department pleading for them to release the photos so I could see.  Unfortunately, they were processed in a first come first serve basis.

I emailed Sue and asked her if she could send them to my hotmail account, which is linked to my phone.  I waited and waited for my phone to download the photos...but of course they were too big to view on my phone.  Finally I just explained to my co-workers that I needed to run home quickly for just a second to get the email.  Luckily, I only live a mile from work!

I sat on the floor in the living room and fired up my laptop and opened the email pictures.  My heart was beating so fast!  As soon as I saw her face I literally felt like time had stopped.  I called Tommy at work - he normally doesn't answer at work because his phone doesn't work in the school but miraculously he answered.  I was so speechless I think he thought something was wrong because I was crying.  I told him I had gotten pictures of our daughter!

She was amazing at only 6 weeks old.  I had no idea at the time how old she was because we hadn't received her medical report.  All I knew is that she was perfect and she was ours.  Such a great moment that I will never forget.

She came dressed in boy clothes :)

Then she got a cute pink sleeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment