Watch Our Progress

easy fundraisers

Monday, September 12, 2011

An Update

I know, I know, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything.  To be honest, we have been super busy with a few upcoming events.

I received our adoption contract from CCI a few weeks ago and was finally able to go through it and read it.  We had to sign, initial and notarize about 30 pages in the contract.  Along with that we sent in our adoption fees, a home study review fee and a mandatory humanitarian donation.  As Tommy and I were signing the pages he said "That check makes this very real."  It was the first BIG check I have written since this adoption started and I was flooded with excitement and fear at the same time.  The check wiped out about half of our adoption fund!  Ekkk

In the mean time I have been gathering all the paper work I need for the home study agency. Just to give you an idea of the things we have to get,  here's a small list of items:

-Copies of all our birth certificates
-Copy of marriage license
-Copies of drivers licenses
-Medical forms for each person in the family filled out by a physician
-Financial information form
-Letters from employers
-Copy of front page of tax return for the past 3 years
-Statement from bank
-Letters of recommendation
-Criminal background checks from TN Bureau of Investigation
-Background check from local police department
-Residentail history from the last 10 years

Needless to say I've been on a paper hunt!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked my blog recently? Just wondering... ;o).

    I know what you mean about writing checks.. we recently wrote our agency fee check and seeing a $0 balance afterwards was ROUGH!!

    ReplyDelete