Watch Our Progress

easy fundraisers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's not often that me and the hubs get a date night - or that we dress up.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't get pictures of us last night because we both looked pretty darn cute and we had a lot of fun.  I had heard several things about an organization called Oridinary Hero since they are based out of Nashville.  I wasn't exactly sure about what all they did and avocated for but if it had to do with orphans I am all about it!

We bought tickets to the benefit, which was held last night at a downtown hotel in Nashville.  We were excited to hear that the Director of our adoption agency was going to be there as well.  She is based out of Florida so I'm not sure if we would ever get a chance to meet her otherwise.  We also met another family who is adopting a little boy who is about the same age as Sanai and they came from the same orphanage/village!  I'm hoping we might travel at the same time since our cases are running along the same timeline.

The event was a silent auction and a presentation.  We were served dinner and met some neat people.  The guy we sat next to had adopted from Sierra Leone, West Africa and him and his wife have started an orphanage there!  It's amazing the things people can do with the grace of God!

The video they showed had me in tears so I wanted to share it with you.





http://ordinaryhero.org  VISIT THEIR WEBSITE TO GET INVOLVED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment